I purchased my building at Graceland Portable building in Whitesboro TX. I initially ordered a 12' X 36" building but then had some of my needs change and decided I needed a 14'X40' building. I was assured the original design (since it had only been a few days) would be destroyed and the new design would be completed. Graceland cashed both my deposit checks (they were only supposed to cash the second one) and took nearly 2 months to refund me my deposit on the first one.

I purchased the building in April, received it on my property on 8/29/16. I immediately noticed my building was not 14' wide. I had been very clear to the sales person I needed 14 ' inside the building. After finishing the interior I only have 12'6". I immediately called Graceland and explained the building will not do what I need it to do, and asked if I could please change it out for a 16'X 40" so I would have the needed interior room.

Graceland refused to help me except to tell me I could do a voluntary return and get the new building, except I would lose the nearly $1000 I had already spent and then would have to put down another deposit on the new building. Even though the Graceland sales person admitted he had forgotten to consider the "Eve to Eve" measurement when guiding me toward my purchase. The sales person even showed me a diagram which was 14' X 40' when helping me design the building and to determine where to put doors and windows etc...

Graceland refused to do anything to help me other than to offer to keep my money and then charge me full for the new building. So my choice is to lose $1000 or make due. Obviously, even though it means changing all my plans, I will make do with the building. However, since it is obvious that Graceland is more interested in the sale than doing what is right and having a satisfied customer, I will be buying future buildings from another company. Graceland got one sale, but their short sighted way of doing business will ensure they do not get the 4 - 6 sales which would have followed. Additionally I will spread the word and encourage everyone I know to stay away from Graceland when the buy their next building.

Product or Service Mentioned: Graceland Portable Buildings Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 01, 2016.

Comments

skassees
Richardson, Texas, United States #1226515

I was subsequently contacted by Graceland and the company has gone above and beyond to ensure my complete satisfaction. I expect to take delivery on a new large building within the month and was only asked to cover the difference between the buildings and a portion of the delivery charges to remove initial building.

Could not be more impressed with regional manager, JD, and the Whitesboro, TX dealer, Bubba. They have gone beyond expectations to make sure I am completely satisfied with my Graceland Building.