2.7K views

Business Owner defrauded out of his business by unscrupulous and unethical business practices, and numerous deceptive trade acts.

I was fraudulently induced to purchase 2 Graceland locations after working 8 months with 10-12 hour days. JD Laney and Kent Meyer first provided fraudulent information so I would purchase these locations. After purchasing the Reagor Springs and the Corsicana locations I then learned that the previous month that Reagor Springs had done only $30,000 in sales. Upon further examination, we started calling people back listed in the sales logs that most of them were fraudulent entries. We were approached by many of Kent Meyer's previous customers and they explained how they too were swindled by Kent Meyer and JD. We brought it to JD Laney(the divisional manger)'s attention, who basically said he could care less, which was the norm of JD. The Corsicana lot only had one sale after the purchase of it. However, in August they sold $70,000. Please note that we kept the same sales staff as before the purchase of the location. JD was fully aware of me purchasing these locations from Kent Meyer, as he had to approve of me becoming a dealer at both these locations. The Corsicana lot was doing good. Out of total shock and disbelief, on October 1st, JD Laney, my two salesmen, Kent Meyer's brother, Brian went out to my location, threw all my stuff in a U Haul truck and left it in a field. He then assisted Brian Meyer, instructing my two salesmen to help him them move the buildings approximately 4 miles away to a new location. JD was well aware that I had signed a year's lease on this location, and paid Kent Meyer $20,000.

JD Laney and Kent Meyer provided me with fraudulent sales numbers to induce me to buy these locations. He then assisted and directed the theft of my business by Kent Meyer's brother, Brian. JD Laney was fully aware of what he was doing, as he is the one that had to of approved the new dealer, Kent's brother, Brian Meyer. JD Laney, Graceland Portable Buildings, Graceland Properties LLC, G.P. Portable Buildings LLC, and JDL Builders LLC participated in fraud and deceptive trade practices. JD then tricked me into bringing in all the contracts. He then told us that he moved all the buildings off the lot and have stolen our salesmen. He waited until after he had all the checks and contracts. I was also cheated out of all my marketing expenses, and all my commissions.

Graceland Portable Buildings, Graceland Properties LLC, G.P. Portable Buildings LLC, and JDL Builders LLC owe me thousands of dollars. This location, like all Graceland locations have extremely unhappy customers because of the poor customer service and their management tactics. I would be glad to provide names and numbers of numerous unhappy customers once I get it approved through the customers. Warning, to all dealers, potential dealers, vendors, suppliers, contractors subcontractors, customers, be aware, all these companies are straight, corrupt crooks. I would be glad to provide details or anything else you deem necessary. You may contact me 24/7 at the number listed below. If you see the "G" on the buildings, run away and don't look back, as you too will be swindled.

Mike Briscoe

(214) 980-9396

Had an Experience with Graceland Portable Buildings?

Comments

Graceland Crooks

I am the author of the above posting. I posted this at a time when I was in a heated dispute with the company. I regret making those statements and all issues have been resolved.

Walnut Creek, California, United States #835646

Wow.I hope you were able to take them to court and get something back.

I was just about to buy a shed this weekend and I will be sure to avoid them completely.Thank you and good luck.

Plano, Texas, United States #744163

The buildings are designed by Mennonites.Designed to be simple, durable, and easy to put up with the more basic tools and elbow grease that Mennonites prefer to use.

I asked if Mennonites were going to build it and was told no, they designed the buildings and they are assembled by craftsmen and skilled workers.

If you have one built on site, it'll be a well experienced, careful, and polite man that comes to do it.In my case it was, anyway.

Plano, Texas, United States #744161

I just got a Graceland building, 12x16 and built on site.The site is the problem of the property owner, so don't rely just on the installer because if no one told him to use this or that kind of block, he will use what he has which usually are 8x16 blocks, and if you have a steep yard it may need something wider.

You should get the concrete blocks the sales person recommends. My yard is steep and so one side of the building has to be 24" off the ground and the other is 6". However, with extra large blocks (16x16) it's no issue. All this done, there were no issues whatsoever with the construction, and they do not spare the nails nor use any cheap wood, That thing is built solid and is perfectly level.

I would use them again any time.

As for how business is done with dealers, I have no idea. If all that stuff is true and everything is in writing as it should be then I'd also think the law would already be involved. Going in business, you can't rely on what people say, and on sales documents or other papers that are not sworn to or notarized, done by a CPA, etc. To me it looks like you received a sales pitch, and bought a business opportunity before checking all of it out.

Sales pitches never are the same as reality, so be more careful and always involve a lawyer when doing such a high-dollar business venture because a good one will write something up so neither party can cheat the other, and things like this are generally prevented. Sales is...

Got to make your own opportunities, not buy them. A long time ago I learned never to buy 'BizOp'. Those who make the $ on that kind of stuff are those who sell goods and tell you to get into business selling them, and those who know the business thoroughly and can hire a salesperson who's always 'hungry'. That's what it takes.

Sorry your business did not work out, but a lot of things look messed up or incompletely done via both sides from what was said in that complaint.

#1 mean but not too expensive lawyer, #2 CPA accountant, #3 tiger-like salesman.Anything but a tiny strip-mall business needs all of those professional services!

i was told that these buildings in fact were built my "mennonites", found out they were put together in a small town some 75 miles away.the so called workmanship sucks!

i have tried on 3 separate occasions to have Graceland repair the discrepancies, no such luck! the warranty is only lip service.

buy the materials yourself, build it yourself or find someone who can build it.very poor workmanship.

Been in sales for years sounds like you couldn't cut the mustard or a criminal background check came back in the negative and you got shutdown.I know building a car dealership that there is potential sales numbers but nothing sells itself.

Quit whining and better luck next time.If you have issues with criticism there is counseling and medication you can and should take.

State Line, Mississippi, United States #621230

Thank you for your comment on J D Laney and Kent Meyer!!!Report them to FBI, they should not be allowed to continue doing what they're doing.

I was Googling portable buildings and decided to check for complaints.

I am sorry this happened to you.Report them to anyone you can!!

to FED UP WITH GREEDY SCAMMERS! #623479

If it was real criminal activity there would be action, but all that can be done is complaining in a public board like a barbershop politician. What a joke.